Just like people, dogs get their nutrients from their diet. While you may think their diet may be top of the line, your #FBF may still miss out on some of the awesome nutrients you can’t find in just every-day kibble. So how can you incorporate more nutrients into your pups daily meal routine?
Supplements can enrich your dog’s wellbeing, act as preventative care from illnesses and balance out their diet. Like people, sometimes our pups just aren’t getting enough of a good thing.
Here are the top five supplements you should incorporate in your dog’s diet for the best quality of life:
- Multivitamin- Multivitamins contain well… vitamins of course! Vitamins like biotin, vitamin e, and B12 are essential to your pups diet. While Biotin and Vitamin E are great for your dog’s skin and fur, B12 helps to maintain a healthy nervous system.
- Probiotics- Happy gut = happy dog! Probiotics for your dog will greatly improve their gut health by supporting the growth of good bacteria, which in turn strengthens your dog’s immune system. Probiotics can improve digestion, mood, fur/skin appearance and can even reduce bad breath. The common saying that all health starts in the gut holds true for dogs, so consider investing in a good probiotic for your pup!
- Chondroitin- This one sounds pretty scientific, but it really serves a super basic function! This is an essential supplement that helps repair your dogs’ tissue and retain water. Not only should you give this to your #FBF if they’ve been injured, but giving these to your pets early in their lives is a smart preventative move to prevent future injury, and possibly costly vet bills!
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil has a multitude of benefits not just for us, but surprise, surprise….. your #FBF too! Full of healthy fats, coconut oil is a treat all on it’s own, and you can use it with a treat, or simply add some to your pet’s meal. What are just some of the benefits? It balances out their thyroid and gives them a healthy energy boost. By reducing inflammation, it also helps with ailments like digestive issues and colitis.
Things to note: Use organic, cold-pressed, virgin, coconut oil though, and start in small amounts! ¼ teaspoon is enough for small dogs, and 1 tablespoon for larger sizes, once a day.
- HEMP Extract- It’s all the rage right now, but it’s not just a trending fad. What can it actually do? It’s one of the smartest ways to naturally relieve anxiety or reduce joint-pain in your doggo. YUP PUP daily treats make it easy to improve your pup’s quality of life — with organic, broad spectrum hemp extract.
It shouldn’t feel like rocket science to take care of your pup and keep them happy. YUP PUP’s all-in-one daily doggy vitamin makes it easy.